The International Institute of Korean Studies (IKSU) at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is offering PhD scholarship in research on Korea, within the discipline of Development Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, International Relations, or relevant field of studies. We seek highly motivated individuals who have excellent academic grades at Masters’ level and who are committed to original and high-quality research. Inter-disciplinary methodologies are particularly welcome.
Applications are open to students of any nationality, but the scholarship covers the value of UK tuition fee waiver for PhD programme, plus stipend. Non-UK fee paying students will receive a partial fee waiver to the value of UK tuition fees and the stipend. The duration of the scholarship is for the first two years (start date: September 2023).
Total amount of scholarship is as following.
- 2023/24 academic year: £20,800 (tuition fee waive and stipend)
- 2024/25 academic year: £21,300 (tuition fee waive and stipend)
Applications should be submitted, including research proposal, via: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/postgraduate-research/how-to-apply
- Type of Study: Research Degree (Postgraduate)
- Course: Master of Philosophy/Doctor of Philosophy
- You should provide reference number where it is required in the application, as well as at the beginning of your personal statement: RS/22/27.
- You should upload your CV and research proposal along with other required documents.
- Deadline for applications is 30 April 2023