In response to the growing worldwide interest in Korea, we are making a strategic appointment at Professor/Senior Lecturer level in Korean Studies or East Asian Studies with a specific interest in the Korean Peninsula to enhance and expand our excellent research and teaching.
You will be expected to provide significant leadership within the department across all aspects of the job. You will have an outstanding research record, of research publications and research grant capture.
The successful candidate will make a contribution to undergraduate and/or postgraduate research-led teaching, as well as to curriculum design and programme development. In addition, we would expect the successful candidate to fill a key leadership role within the department. We will give the individual the opportunity to achieve all of their own professional development and career objectives with us.
You will have:
• Proven ability to provide high quality teaching at UG and PGT level.
• A significant track record of regular publication of consistently excellent quality outputs.
• Significant evidence of research impact that demonstrate an effect beyond academia.
• Proven ability to regularly identify and secure income/grant funding.
• Experience of building and developing a team of researchers (staff and research students), providing effective
• Experience of successful research supervision of PGR students (including PhD students) to completion.
• Experience of a significant leadership/administrative role.
This post is available from September 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a
competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and
development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles whose talent and contributions complement each other to
greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student
As an equal opportunities employer, we particularly welcome applications from women and from Black, Asian, Minority,
Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds as they are currently underrepresented in this area. All appointments will be made on merit of
skill and experience relative to the role.
Follow @sheffielduni and @ShefUniJobs on Twitter for more information about what makes the University of Sheffield a remarkable place to work.
For full details see: https://jobs.shef.ac.uk/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9NjI2MEY3RDAyM0RFMjgyOEUxMDAwMDAwQUMxRTg4NzgmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-client=400&sap-language=EN&sap-accessibility=X&sap-ep-themeroot=%2fSAP%2fPUBLIC%2fBC%2fUR%2fuos#
or download full information about the job here: EAS ATJ SL-Prof in Korean Studies – 52278190